Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation was conceived on 1st April, 1999 by merging Karnal Aviation Club, Hissar Aviation Club and Pinjore Aviation Club into it. The institute is situated 4 km away from Karnal on Karnal-Kunjpura Road, near Budha Khera village.
The institute aims to impart flying training to the young boys and girls from all over the country for making career as pilot and Engineer. To fulfill these objectives, it has total fleet of 3 aircraft at Karnal, 4 aircraft at Hissar and 4 aircraft at Pinjore, Panchkula.
Besides flying training, gliding training is also available at its' branches. The aircraft's are of different categories i.e. Pushpaks, Cessna-152 A, Swati and Piper Cherokee.
Flying training is provided in 4 phases as under:
- Student Pilot License SPL
- Private Pilot License PPL
- Commercial Pilot License CPL
Flying for Instructor Rating
PPL is obtained by a trainee between 40 and 60 hours of flying and for CPL. One has to do minimum 250 hours flying which includes cross-country flights, instrument flying, simulator training, flying skill tests etc. The Institute also imparts practical training to the students for qualifying Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License. To achieve its goal, the Institute has the following infrastructure:
- Paved Runway 1000 meters x 50 meters
- Different categories of light aeroplane with night flying capabilities
- Well equipped workshop for day-to-day maintenance and major repair/overhaul of aircraft
- Aerodrome equipped with navigational aids (non-directional beacon, night lying beacon etc)
Hostel for regular students.
The institute has sufficient numbers of trained Flying Instructors and Engineers for training. The Institute is governed by a General Body, the Minister of civil Aviation, Haryana being its' President and Adviser Civil Aviation, Haryana as Chief Executive Director, Besides these, there are officers of State and Central Government appointed selected on various positions in the Institute.
Intake of Students:
Haryana State Government sponsorship for which advertisements, are published every year
- Direct recruitment (admission for direct recruitment are open round the year)
Duration of Course:
Between 2 to 3 years depending upon the aptitude of an individual.
Between Rs 3 lacs & 3.5 fees for State sponsored students. Between 5 lacs & 6 lacs for others. The current rates are at Rs 3,500 per hour on Piper Cherokee and Cessna, and Rs 2,800 per hour on Pushpak.
- Facilities of Chartered Flights, Joy-rides etc
- Simulator training
Haryana Institute of Civil Aviation, Post Box NO. 30, Civil Aerodrome, Karnal-132001 (India)
- Chief Executive Director 0172-2709386 (Fax), 0172- 2709174 SCO-2913/14, Sector 22-C, Chandigarh
- Executive Director 0172-2709386 (Fax), 0172-2709174 SCO-2913/14, Sector-22-C, Chandigarh
- Chief Flying Instructor, Karnal 0184-2267531 (O) 0184-2267320 (R) HICA Karnal.
- Chief Flying Instructor, Pinjore 01733-265815 (O) 01733-265811 (R) HICA Pinjore.
- Chief Flying Instructor, Hissar 01662-259556 (O) 01662-239153 (R) HICA Hissar.
President - Minister of Civil Aviation Haryana.
Vice-President - Financial Commissioner Civil Aviation, Haryana.
Chief Executive Director- Adviser, Civil Aviation Haryana.
Executive Director-Administrative Officer, o/o Adviser Civil Aviation Haryana.